Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » » Pasta A’La Maria

Pasta A’La Maria

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, January 31, 2012 | Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hellllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo
I know I have been away for ages, I could say it was due to exams but the truth is I was just lazy……. didn’t know this was going to be so much work, having to remember recipes and procedures and putting them in the way people would understand and that is why I am going to introduce a video session to the blog……not sure when that would start but I pray I would work on it!
Now the meal of the day……its called Pasta A’La Maria cuz it has no name (well not that I know of!) and the recipe belongs to a friend of mine of Greek origin…… yea her name is Maria Open-mouthed smile

Ingredients:
  • Penne 500g
  • Heavy cream 10-12%  200ml (for my Hungarian fellows, the heavy cream {fozotejszin} looks like the picture below and you may find it in the milk session or the baking session close to the bread at interspa and spar but I am not sure of its location in Tesco. On it you would see a drawing of a meal being prepared, that’s how to differentiate it from the one used for baking!)

  • Sweetcorn 340g

  • Trappista cheese block, 200g

  • Mixed ham ( I prefer the one with turkey) a pack usually has 10 or more pieces and that should be enough

  • Stock cube (according to the type u want but 1 bouillon cube would be enough)

  • Butter
  • Salt (just a pinch….)

Preparations:
  • Using a grater, shred the cheese (use the medium sized holes!)
  • Cut the ham into 0.5 by 0.5cm squares
  • Melt some butter in a pan and saute the ham (basically use a very small amount of butter that would be enough to fry the ham and cook it on high heat for not more than 2mins)

Method
  1. Put the pasta in a large pot, add water and leave it to cook
  2. Add the stock cube and pinch of salt when the pasta is half cooked
  3. When it is cooked (don’t let it get too soft), drain any excess water leaving just a little bit and then add the sweet corn
  4. Add the heavy cream, mix it and put the pasta back on the cooker (use low heat)
  5. Make sure u stir every 15 secs and then add ur sauted ham after 2 mins
  6. Add the shredded cheese and stir this in till it melts then turn off your cooker
  7. Best served hot!
07122011(003)
My camera is terrible I know!, I’ll try to get a better one soon cuz this picture doesn’t do the meal justice Smile with tongue out
del.icio.us Tags: ,,
SHARE

About Unknown

3 comments :