Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » » Pancakes: Vegan style! with home made raspberry jam

Pancakes: Vegan style! with home made raspberry jam

Written By Unknown on Saturday, December 10, 2011 | Saturday, December 10, 2011

A friend asked me recently if I would be adding some african recipes….. I said I would but I don’t really know a lot of african meals Sad smile but I would try my best…….

well before we get there, I recently discovered a recipe for pancakes with soy milk and also without eggs and I believe this would be perfect for my vegetarian friends (you know yourselves!!!)

I have made this recipe before and it turned out great (well I made mine with cow milk and not soy milk…..not really a fan of it!) but when you try this, tell me all about it please Smile

 Pancake Ingredients:
  • all purpose flour (universalis buzafinomliszt/ buzafinomliszt)             2 cups/250 g
  • sugar (cukor)   1/2 cup/ 68g (or if you have a sweet tooth you can add more)
  • baking powder (sutopor) 1 tsps
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
  • soy milk (szójatej) 2 cups/470ml (I prefer cow milk but then again I’m not a vegetarian!) 
  • sunflower oil/ vegetable oil

Jam Ingredients:

  • 300g fresh/frozen raspberries
  • 100g sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Kitchen Utensils:
  • Pancake pan/Flat frying pan/ Pancake hot plate
  • Bowl
  • Turner or Spatula 
  • Measuring cup
  • Ladle or Soup spoon
Method:

Pancake

  • Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar in the bowl
  • Add the milk
  • Add 1 tbsp of oil
  • mix it until you get a batter that is fairly smooth (its perfect if it has a few lumps in it……weird… I know!!!)
  • The consistency should be similar to Tesco ketchup(which is quite runny!!) basically you should be able to pour it…. if its too light, the pancake would be too thin.10122011(001)
  • at this point is where you can go crazy with the pancake by stirring in anything you fancy……… berries, almond extract( replace the vanilla with this), I have even heard of putting onions Confused smile…… but please…. No “harsh pancakes”
  • heat your pan  till its mildly hot and put 1tsp of oil and spread it
  • use the ladle to pour the batter into the pan….. the quantity you pour in is up to you but for a small sized pancake half a oup spoon would suffice
  • when the top of the pancake starts to bubble, flip it with the turner or spatula and cook the other side for about 1 min or less
  • repeat until you finish the batter.10122011(015)

Jam

  • heat up the non-stick pot
  • pour in the sugar and the raspberries
  • stir for 2 mins then every other minute
  • take it off the burner after 8-10 mins and leave it to cool10122011
Serving options

asides from the jam you just made, you could opt for syrup or fruits on the side or enjoy it plain!!!!!!!

Technorati Tags: ,,,
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment